Janome Flower Stitch Attachment For Low Shank Machines
This little flower stitch attachment stitches circular flowers to decorate a plain fabric. Best of all, you don’t need an expensive embroidery machine, a simple straight and zigzag machine can be used very effectively.
This is a well cared for Vintage Flower Stitch Attachment, made by Janome. The box has a little wear, but the attachment is in as new condition.
It is used with the feed dogs lowered and a decorative stitch pattern such as zigzag stitch, three-step zigzag, blind hem, tricot or other stitch WIDTH patterns.
Using the flower attachment
- Attach the flower stitch attachment to the machine, tightening the screw with screwdriver to ensure it doesn’t work loose as it stitches.
- Lower the feed dogs (on some machines this may mean covering them with a plastic cover).
- As with any concentrated areas of stitching, it is advisable to sew on two layers of material or use paper/Stitch ‘n’ Tear or another stabiliser on the back.
- Set needle position to left.
- Reduce top tension on thread to 3.5 - 3.
- Bring bobbin thread up and then stitch a few stitches on the spot.
- Select stitch pattern and set to widest stitch width. 4. Try the three-step zigzag, blind hem, tricot or any other simple stitch width pattern. (Just using zigzag is not very effective and does not make pleasing flowers – the result is more like a large eyelet.) Set widest stitch width.
- Sew slowly, taking care not to trap or catch the material so that the flower stitch attachment can turn it smoothly.
- Return needle to left, stitch a few stitches on spot and remove work to cut threads.
Using a twin needle
Try using a twin needle and playing with different threads. However, note it is necessary to keep the stitch width to less than HALF the maximum as you have two needles to work with. Use different coloured threads for each needle to get a two colour flower. Remember, twin needles come with different gaps between the needles. Check stitch choice carefully to ensure both needles clear the flower stitch attachment and needle throat plate when stitching both left and right swings of needles.
There is some fabulous know how on this foot at the following three websites;
Fits all low shank machines.
When presser foot is down, measure the distance from the bottom of foot to screw-hole that holds the foot onto the presser bar. A low shank machine measures approximately 3/4" from the screw (small dot in picture above) to the bottom of the foot.
For Janome this is the 3160QDC , 6260QC , CS995 , DC2101 , DC4030 , JemP760 , MC11000 , MC11000SE , MC3500 , MC4900QC , MC5200 , MC6500P , MC6600P , MC7700QCP , MC9700 , MS5027LE , MW3018LE , Sew509 , Sew521 , Sew625E , 4618 , 4618QC , 5018 , 5024 , 5027 , 5124 , 6019QC , 6125QC , 652 , 653 , 654 , 655 , 655R (150) , 659 , Jem Gold , Jem Gold 2 , Jem Platinum720 , MC10000 , MC10001 , MC3000 , MC4000 , MC4800 , MC4800QC , MC5000 , MC5500 , MC5700 , MC6000 , MC8000 , MC9000 , MC9500 , ME4014 , ME4015 , ME4018 , ME4123 , Memory 7 (5001) , MS2028 , MS2522 , MX3123 , SD2014 , SR2000 , SS2015 , SW2018
Powered by eBay Turbo Lister
Clearance Sale Ends in 1 Hour!
Mini Portable Cordless Hand Held Clothes QUICK REPAIR Sewing Machines Set pink
|Powered by phpBay Pro|
Save Money With These Similar Items: